We are now a SUSTAINABLE SALON!
Mindful beauty is the future!
Mane and Co is a salon who cares for animals and the environment. We have always been mindful of our furry friends by only using cruelty free products, now 95% of the resources used for your appointment can be recycled! This means all plastic, foil, colour tubes, even hair is able to be either recycled and remade into something like plastic furniture, remade into foil and even made into hair booms to help clean up oil spills. Choosing us to be a part of your hair journey means you are taking a step to be that little bit more (sometimes A LOT more) sustainable!
For a small fee of $2 which is added to your service, here's what you are helping do:
- Our plastics are collected, cleaned and upcycled into new products.
- All salon metals (including foil) and paper are sold for recycling, and the proceeds are donated to KiwiHarvest to provide meals for hungry people.
- Hair is collected from the salon floor and stuffed into stockings to make Hair Booms that can one day help clean up oil spills along our coastlines.
- All collected ponytails 20cm or longer are distributed to charitable organisations to create wigs for those suffering from cancer or alopecia.
- Chemicals are collected, pooled and sent to chemical recycling plants where they’re neutralised and turned into recycled water.